If you require any more information or have any questions about this website’s policies, please feel free to send a message by email using this contact page.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you choose to join our email newsletter or give consent to receive information from us, the email address you provide will be forwarded to third-party email marketing services; MailChimp. We consider such services to be a third-party data processor as described below*.
The email address you provide will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems. Your email address will remain within the third-party email marketing service for as long as we continue to use this service for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send to you or by requesting removal via email via the “Contact Us” page on our website.
When requesting removal via email, please send your request to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. While your email address remains within the third-party marketing service database, you will receive periodic newsletter-style emails from us.
* A third-party data processor is an entity that processes Personally Identifiable Information on behalf of a data controller (OBN Digital). The data processor will not pass on the data or act upon the data without instruction from the data controller.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information, for example when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our sites.
- The information we may collect on you includes your name, address, email address and phone number.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and other relevant information.
IP ADDRESSES, ANALYTICS AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual person.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to our sites.
BLOCKING AND DELETING COOKIES
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. For more information on cookies, what they are, and how they can affect your privacy, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/or visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office – http://www.ico.org.uk.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We work with Google to analyse the performance of our website. The data we share with Google may be stored outside of the EEA. Google is fully accredited with the Privacy Shield which confirms they are compliant with European data protection law and therefore able to process data on our behalf.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where we believe we have a legitimate business reason for contacting you, or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To assist us with matters including (but not limited to) payment and marketing lists;
- To administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not share your information with third parties out with the Union group of companies, except as set out in clause below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by opting out at the time of data collection. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at josephao [at] obn [dot] digital.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have opted in or otherwise qualify to receive communication from The Union and no longer wish to receive our promotional communications by email, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication.
You have the right to ask for a copy of what data we hold and process on you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please contact us by email: josephao [at] obn [dot] digital.
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us using the details in the section above.